Johns Hopkins Radiothon

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Still hanging in there.....

James and I went to Hopkins today. They did some fetal monitoring where they hooked some monitors up to my belly with belts and it monitored Jack's heartrate and any contractions. Well, of course it wouldn't be Jack if he didn't give us a good scare. His heartrate was around 180-high 190's for 40 minutes. It only slowed to around 160-170 when I had contractions. We were supposed to meet the high risk OB for an exam after that and she met us in the hall and said "OK, let's walk and talk". We started to get really nervous, particularly when we entered labor & delivery. Long story short they admited me and hooked me back up and monitored for several hours and did tests to check if my water had broken. After all that Jack's heartrate normalized and the membranes hadn't ruptured. I haven't dilated much more then what I was on Friday so they let us go home and they scheduled the C-section for Monday August 20th. I will be monitored even more often now and they said it may happen before the 20th but we at least have that date set which we're happy about. We'll see our local high risk OB on Thursday so we'll see how things are. Some good news though...the amniotic fluid levels are down to 12!!! Hopefully Jack will hold on another week or so. They say that every day at this point is critical for maturity of the lung tissue he has.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. We really really REALLY appreciate it!
Love
Vic & James & Jack

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I will be thinking of y'all on the 20th! Keep us posted.