Johns Hopkins Radiothon

Monday, February 2, 2009

Crabbing for Cash - Hopkins fundraiser

Those who know me, know that I am really passionate about giving back to Johns Hopkins for saving Jack's life. Everyone knows that they do amazing medicine but it's really so much more then that. Everyone at Hopkins from social workers to nurses and the docs really get to know the families and make what is often the most traumatic and emotionally difficult experience of your life into something that you feel you have some control over and they let you know you have support.

Hopkins has just started their Children's Center fundraiser "Crabbing for Cash". With my 2 good friends, Gina Koger and Tracey Burdette, we're starting a CDH Support Group with the blessing of Hopkins. Like I said, Hopkins is a special place. We're just getting our group off the ground (I think we finally settled on a name!) but in the meantime I signed us up for the Crabbing for Cash. I put a modest goal of $200 and I hope we shatter that and raise a ton of money for Hopkins. The photo on our Hopkins webpage is the 3 of us at a Blood drive we sponsored with the Red Cross last year to raise CDH Awareness. Come to think of it, we better start planning the 2009 blood drive! Anyway, if you have a child in your family that was touched by a childhood illness I hope you'll find it in your heart and means to give a little. No amount is too small! I can guarantee that Hopkins puts this money to good use!

The link to our Crabbing for Cash Website is HERE. Our team name is: CDH Moms.

Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to donate part of liver or eggs for generous cash donation. Family member needs cash fast before she loses everything. I am female living in Canada. Blood type A+. Pls contact nala5755@yahoo.com. Thanks for listening.