I was happy to see the sun come up this morning. I got almost no sleep last night. The girl next to me had the worst nurse ever. I guess I should probably feel bad for her about that since my nurse was really awesome. The other nurse was in almost hourly and would turn on the lights, make tons of noise and spoke at full volume. Fortunately, it's now shift change so I won't see her again until tonight.
Last night I thought I was having these really aweful cramps. I never felt anything like it. I almost couldn't breathe. This morning I told my nurse about it and she said she saw that on the monitor and I had 4 or so massive contractions. I've had Braxton-Hicks and even some with a bit of pain but this was nuts. Since I had a C-section with Jack I never really experienced that. I have new respect for all you moms who went through regular labor and I'm sure what I felt was nothing compared to true labor. Ouch!
The baby is doing well. Her heart rate has been racing periodically but she settles back down so I guess all is good. I told her last night that if she felt like she was ready to come out now and could do anything to expedite that and get us both out of here, I'd buy her whatever she wants...haha. The labor and delivery wing has all private rooms so I've got my eye on the prize.
Thanks to everyone for your calls, comments and emails. It really helps. I definitely have a hard time sitting still and have very little patience so this whole experience has been strange for me. Perhaps it's character building and is meant to teach me to slow down and relax? I'm going to try and work on being more positive today :-)
Vic
1 comment:
You don't do anything the easy way, do you Vic? ;)
I'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital until Monday (or beyond)... I hate hospitals, and you can't even walk around! Do you need anything? I could send an emergency care package down... I have to send this little trouble maker's gift anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem!
Not much is new on our end- you take care of all the excitement! Try to get a few good naps in today- that always helps my mood :)
Thinking of you and sending you and the baby and James and Jack all the good mojo I can muster!
love
amy
Post a Comment