The short version is: I thought my water broke but it turned out that the nurse left the belt for the baby's fetal monitor on my bed and it stuck to me and fell in the toilet when I went to pee. When I stood up I saw water dripping and saw it wasn't from my IV so I assumed my water broke. I didn't realize the belt was even stuck to me. When I finally found the wet belt I thought it got wet in bed, but the bed was dry. I thought this was really strange but couldn't figure it out. I paged the nurse who went into action mode. When she laid me back in bed she noticed the belt was gone and I told her it was wet so I threw it away. She then looked at me and said, "Any chance it fell into the toilet?". That's when the light bulb went on. "OH! Yeah, I guess that would make sense." We had a good laugh.
Dr. Kramer arrived at 7:15AM to do my ultrasound. I told him the funny story and he said, "You must have been excited to think you would finally get outta here!" Then he started the scan. Blood flow to the baby was good then he moved on to hunting for fluid. The usually largest pocket was nearly empty. The next pocket was tiny and the remaining 2 had cord which means you're not supposed to count them. When he counted all 4 pockets, the level was 4 cm. I jokingly said, "so, we're going today then!" and he said, "No joking, yeah, this baby is coming out!" For a moment he contemplated doing it right away but realized James wouldn't make it down from Frederick (a 45 min drive) in time so he said we'll go at 4pm. I think these are all good signs because my favorite number is 4. 4AM false alarm, 4cm, 4PM C section!
So, I'm now sitting here just waiting. 2 friends from work are on the way down to keep me company. I told James to scramble and get the house cleaned because my parents and Jack are on the way down. He will leave Frederick around 1pm. I am so excited, scared, anxious, joyful and everything in between. I hope the baby comes out yelling and she is OK. They said there is still the chance she may need to go to the NICU since I'm 37 weeks but we're hoping that doesn't happen. Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming. I will post photos as soon as I am able.
In the meantime, here are some super cute pics of Jack that my dad sent this morning.
Love
Vic
Jack in the dog's bed

Jack and Uncle Len hanging out

Watching Elmo


Yesterday Jack spent the afternoon with my dad at his office. Jack found the secret stash of pretzels!
2 comments:
I am in tears (happy) and very excited for you. If you need ANYTHING, we are just a short drive away!!! I'll keep checking to hear the good news!!!!!!
You are in my prayers.
Gina
Yay! I'll be praying for a screaming little girl!!!!
Post a Comment