
Just a quick update. It's 1:20 am and I'm trying to upload photos for my family. Time sure is hard to come by these days! Anyway, Jack was evaluated by a speech therapist from Infants & Toddlers. She said that he is right on target with his receptive language skills (ie: he understands everything he is told - we knew this), but he is at least 25% delayed in his expressive language skills. This qualifies him for therapy and we'll be starting next week. I have to admit that it's really hard to hear friends with kids around his age talk about how much their kids are saying. It makes me so nervous that Jack isn't saying a whole lot. Don't get me wrong, he's extremely smart and lets us know what he wants but I always wonder if the delay has something to do with his CDH. His hearing is fine so at least we can rule that out. I just hate that he sometimes gets so frustrated and I believe it's because we don't understand what he wants quick enough.
Last weekend James, the kids and I drove my mom home after spending 8 weeks together in NY, CT and MD. James and I are now flying solo with the kids. So far they have been merciful to us...haha!
The photo above was taken this weekend. A crazy family pic!
4 comments:
Great picture!
Glad to hear Jack qualified for speech therapy. Praying he starts a-talking and a-talking and never stops real soon!
Keeping you all in my prayers!
I have a feeling that he is going to be a little chatterbox before you know it and you'll be playing the "let's see who can stay quiet the longest" game!
That's a very cute family pic! I get the feeling of just how crazy your lives are from that photo. I hope ST goes well for Jack.
And Vic, you look wonderful! I can't even tell you just had a baby.
you guys are just the cutest family!
Post a Comment